Pelican Parliament

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

In capturing these pelicans at Woy Woy on the Central Coast NSW Australia, I wanted to focus on the elegance of their forms and the quiet intensity of their interactions. The open beak and the direct gaze of the main subject invite viewers to ponder what might be happening in this peaceful yet dynamic scene.

Specific Feedback

All feedback welcome.

Technical Details

246 mm at ISO 125 and 1ā„400sec at ʒ/8

I usually donā€™t keep many of my images with multiple birds out of focus, but this is a real winner. I love the actions, positions. Thereā€™s a sense of symmetry and balance. Well done.

1 Like

I like the symmetry in this image with the two front birds facing opposite one another. Iā€™m also very jealous of your pelicansā€™ eyes-theyā€™re almost invisible in both of the species we have.

I like how you have the pelicans composed and Iā€™m a bit mesmerized by the eye and bill of the pelican on the right. As Dennis said, quite a bit different than the N.A. pelicans.

Really interesting looking pelicans with the massive pink bill and pronounced eye. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen this species before. Nice take on this grouping.

Thanks Dennis appreciate your feedback, yes they do have stunning eyes.

Hi Allen thanks for your feedback. The bills are that bright only during the breeding season.

Thanks David!