Pelican Pride +Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This pelican, caught in a moment of serene composure, surveys its domain under a sky lightly brushed with clouds. The photograph captures a natural majesty, illustrating the dignified presence against the elements, a testament to its resilience and natural grace.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

37 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄320sec at ƒ/10

Hi Saundie, another nice view of this pelican species on a rocky perch. I like the black and white treatment with the clouds providing a fine backdrop. The bird’s pose is nice too. Since the bird is facing right, I could see having a tad more room in that direction. Well done.

1 Like

Another really nice look at one of these pelicans Saundie. I know I am too stuck on rules, but I agree with @Allen_Sparks about space on the right and I would like more space above. You could consider a square or vertical crop, but that would cost us some of that great rock platform.

1 Like

Hi Saundie: Another vote for more room on the right if you have it. The black and white you’ve been doing on these birds works well and being able to get close enough to use a wide angle lens provides an unusual perspective that makes them especially interesting.

1 Like

Hi Saundie, I do like the B&W treatment here; I love color but sometimes a B&W image makes you focus more on other details of an image. The pose you caught, looking a little up to the bird, underscores its majesty. As others have mentioned, I’d prefer him a bit more off center. Taking a little from the left would probably do the trick without losing that beautiful porous rock he’s on.

1 Like

@Dennis_Plank @Ed_Williams @Jim_Lockhart @Allen_Sparks

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I have increased the space on the right as suggested, I didn’t think I’d agree but looking at it it does look better. Not much on top I’m afraid Ed but I had a small amount. Thanks again! :pray:

1 Like