Pied bill Grebe

Taken last year when I had my Fuji set up. From a car window. Sure wish I can get lower.

What technical feedback would you like if any? I think this is a tad bit noisy for iso-800. Unfortunately the images produced by the Fuji sensor cannot be processed by DxO photo lab.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso-800, 100-400+1.4 X extender, F8, 2500th, Fuji XT 3, 50% of full frame.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Wonderful subject, sharpness and lighting in a color-coordinated environment! Blues and browns are hard to beat. Your higher angle allowed the wonderful reflection and BG framing.

Agree with Diane’s comment. A nice complementary background that frames the grebe in the blue water. Good detail in this photogenic bird.

Beautiful job, David. While getting lower might have been nice, you would have lost that glorious reflection. We really need to find an eye level water venue.

Hello, David, wonderful mirroring effect in this image. Agree with Dennis, that a lower perspective may have killed the nice reflection, so great as posted ! Best, Hans

I really like the nice color combination. And the soft flat water gives such a clean reflection. Well done.