Pied-billed Grebe

Another from last Monday’s excursion to Ridgefield. This was late in the afternoon with some very warm light. I decided I liked the two grass stems across the back. I cropped from the top and both sides and burned the grasses and reeds at the top which were pretty bright.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

There’s a hazy looking patch between the bill and right side of the frame. I couldn’t figure out what caused it, but I tried to tame it a bit-I’m not sure if I was successful.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything that strikes you.

Any pertinent technical details:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent late light and the reflection and bubbles are pretty cool. I like the stick on the back as well and
nice pose.
The only thing I would do is really tone down the greens for this warm afternoon photo.

Thanks, Dan. I don’t know why, but it didn’t occur to me to do that with a color selection. It should make it easy.

Beautiful lighting on this one, Dennis. I love the reflections in this. Very nice.

Sweet light on the Grebe and nice detail. No real nits, though I could see removing the water bubble on the reflected chin.

Excellent environmental shot. Superb color and detail. Excellent water texture and reflection.