Pine Warbler

Male and female. Taken at the backyard set up recently. Attracted by bark butter.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm DO IS II, 1.4x extender III, tripod
ISO 640, f9, 1/320s

2 Likes

Very nice look at both. Excellent detail. I like the pose in the male and the perch of the female.

Very nice on both birds, Allen. Excellent composition and color showing the difference between them.

Really nice shots, excellent on the techs. Greetings, Hans

Allen, both of these are fantastic. I love the OOF backgrounds on both. Well done.

Excellent images, Allen. I really like your setup Very natural looking perches.

Hi Allen,

Really nicely done!

I like both images for sure but for me, the top one looks more like it was shot under soft studio lighting, the soft reflection of light in its eye is more appealing than the typical small dot that usually comes with bright sunlight (at least on small birds with dark eyes).
The soft shadows on the branch and under the wing really set it off and the colors compliment each other very well.
The tail being parallel with the branch doesn’t hurt either :slight_smile:

Even though the bottom one has hard shadows and that dot of light in its eye, it’s still a very nice image of the warbler.
The colors work well in that one as well and I like the tree bark, the perch and the pose.

f9 served you well with DOF in both but especially in the bottom one with so much girth of the tree.

Very nice avian captures, thanks for letting us know that this was from your backyard setup, it takes a lot of patience to get shots like this (from my limited experience) :smiley: