Pink Dogwood

Used gaussian blur to lesson background clutter and highlight flowers.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5ds-r, f-20, 1/125 sec, iso 500 with 180 macro lens.

elwise44
1 Like

@Johnwayne you’ve caught the flowers most beautifully, so I feel that the dark patch in the background center should be lightened, for perfection. Or crop off the top, as the bottom is tight too, so it would balance the cropping and remove a fair bit of darkness. Lovely image.

I like the flowers and the centered composition, but could maybe see cropping a bit more from the top. Also, if you’ve isolated the background t blur it, I could also see maybe removing some of the color since that seems to compete a little with the foreground element. The lines in the flowers petals

Thanks Mike and Tony, I agree with the cropping and colors. Hope to work on them and re-post.
Wayne

In the early 20th century Tokyo gave cherry trees to Washington, D.C. and in return they gave us dogwood trees. Then dogwood trees have become popular in Japan. Your shot is very beautiful as is. I like the high-key pastel colors of your shot. I don’t mind background clutter. It’s well blurred.

Thanks to all for the helpful comments and suggestions. The pink dogwood has a lot of character and one of my favorite.

John, a beautiful rendition of the dogwood bloom. The treatment you used is terrific. Keep up the good work. Larry

Glad to see the pink dogwood cluster. One of my favorite flowering trees. The white vignette to a bit too heavy for my taste. I think the suggestion to blur the background more might work to highlight the dogwood flowers.