Polihale Blue Hour

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any and all

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Basic two image focus stack in PS, TK dehaze action, a color balance layer to warm up the image to what I remember on location, then the rest was dodging and burning through luminosity masks, and I wrapped up with a freehand vignette and spotlight layers with the TK panel.

Thanks in advance!

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Doh! Noticed the sensor dust after the post :see_no_evil:

1 Like

This works well. The image is very inviting and provides a good sense of depth and I like the somewhat understated colors. No suggestions here.

Pleasant and calming scene. Soft contrast helps set the mellow mood. Nice clouds and near/far sharpness is good as well. Nice blend to my eye.

From a personal standpoint, I wish it wasn’t cropped to this degree. Again, personal statement, but a wider landscape image would add a sense of calm and relaxation to the image.

I really like the feel of this image. When I opened it I felt myself start to relax. The soft colors and calm waters really create the feeling. The processing looks good to me.

The foreground wave movement is very relaxing! The whole scene is. :slight_smile:

Adam,

This is a wonderful seascape. Personally, I find composing these scenes are difficult and often times angling up/down the beach line creates awkward compositions - leaving some corner empty, or something like that. Here, this one is balanced nicely. The lead-in of the beach/surf works to invite the viewer in to this peaceful scene. The sky is quite complimentary too.

The only suggestion I have would be to increase the micro contrast a bit - especially in the cliffs. I realize the sea mist is causing the atmosphere and dropping the contrast a bit. Sounds like you used dehaze a little. I think just a skosh more; perhaps even a curves/levels layer in soft light blending mode (no adjustments other than opacity) is quick means to increasing contrast. Mind you, not much… and of course all within personal choices and preferences.

BTW, love the colors.

Lon