Poppies

Poppies in a grass field around Torino, northwestern Italy, from a few years ago. This years, poppies are already out, a bit earlier than “usual”…

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Medium Format Digital, 120 macro, f/4, 1/500 sec, ISO 100, tripod. No focus stacking… :smile:

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
4 Likes

This is really sweet. Excellent soft colours, sharp in just the right place, nicely blurred otherwise, and perfect comp with the off-center poppy.
Fine work! :clap::+1::+1:

Antonello: This is excellent! I love how your managed the DOF and plane of focus and the detail in the poppy petal and supporting flower is very nice. Superbly crafted image.>=))>

I like this a lot, Antonello. The palette is unusual, but very effective at keeping the eye on the poppy. The depth of field seems perfect with the poppy nicely sharp and the background blurred enough to smooth it out without losing the form and texture.

Anti Eli
This is very gorgeous . Perfect depth to f field. A++

Thank you all! I am happy you like it.
Being allergic to grass pollens, at some point I had to close the photo session owing to uncontrollable sneezing but… it was worth. :smile:

Love the color palette, the subject and the total scene. Congratulations on a wonderful painting like image.

1 Like

The off-center subject and selective focus make for a very strong image. Beautiful light too.

1 Like

As god as it gets! congrats for a fine image!

Congrats on a very well-deserved EP!
Sandy

Congratulations on the weekly pick.

Thank you all and I am very happy for the weekly pick!
It is always a pleasure to be in this community and both learn a lot and get inspiration from all the fellow nature photographers!
Antonello

What a beauty in both artistic and technical aspects. Splendid.