Portrait of leaves

Just without seeing
No attention to the leaves
Walking over them

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

All feedback is more than welcome

Technical Details

F11, 1/6, 24-70 at 45mm, iso320, handheld

1 Like

The light is to die for here. Dappled sunlight is very hard to manage and show off well, but I think you’ve done it. The bare patch is intriguing. A critter scratching around, maybe? It’s nearly heart shaped and the leaves are so similar in color that it’s more about the texture and shape than the colors. Wish that the camera had been more parallel to the ground so they were all in focus, but that’s about all. An interesting forest floor mosaic with your signature lovely soft light.

Not only the lighting, Ben, but also the way the leaves are in a natural circle formation take my breath away. There is a feel of contentment and peace for me. Thank you for starting my day off with such a serene feel.

The light is wonderful Ben. The light make this look like a wreath of leaves.

1 Like

Ben,

I opened this and my very first thougth… How does he do this? I guess it’s just a broken record - that’s all I can think.

Stellar image Ben! Beautifully seen and also framed (cropped.) My immediate second impression was the “heart”. I’m not sure if that’s what you saw, or just the patch of leaves, but wow, what a great eye to see this. Speaking of the hear-shaped patch - I so badly want it to be rotated so the heart is upright… but alas, each of the other 3 orientations or course change the angles and impressions and the heart loses shape - so I like it best just as presented.

Kudos on your poem too. I’m enjoying them as you are somehow able to spark that relationship with the image.

Your posts are most enjoyable, thank you for sharing

Lon

@Kris_Smith , Kris I didn’t notice the heart shape . Thank you for that. The bit out of focus gives the special look to the image I think. I appreciate your comments very much !

@Eva_McDermott , Eva , "A wreath of leaves " should have been a great title. A nice interpretation , thank you so much.

@Lon_Overacker , Lon, I didn’t see the heart shape.How good does one have to study image to see it all. I have to thank you again for analyzing my images and giving valuable comments.
I become a bit unsure by getting all these positive comments also from others. With so few remarks or nits. But keep up the good work :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

@linda_mellor , Linda, Glad I could help starting your day off with an image of me. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is beautiful, Ben! Gorgeous light and excellent processing. I would have to say that you are perhaps the most consistent photographer on NPN because every image you post is excellent both artistically and in the processing. Well done!

2 Likes

I like the light and the swirling leaves in the composition. The bare earth in the center, however, doesn’t do it for me. On the other hand, if there were only leaves that may not have worked either. But the soft light is gorgeous.

1 Like

Igor, a bit late but thank’s for your comment.