Leaves

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Old leaves all fading
New in stunning green color
Warm summer is near

Technical Details

Nikon D850, F11, 1/80, iso 125. 24-70 at 70mm
In camera multiple exposure

2 Likes

Ben,

Wonderful! Welcome to the world of nature abstracts! Probably not your first though… :slight_smile: (at least I don’t remember any…)

This is an awesome result of the multiple exposure technique. I actually wasn’t even thinking multiple exposure until you revealed it.

I think this works beautifully as presented. My only suggestion would be to somehow deal with the heavy dark branch. At first I thought a square crop eliminating the branch could work - and I think it could. But also just thought of rather than removing with a crop, perhaps selectively brightening the darker tones to come in better balance with the rest of the tones? Just thinking out loud.

Somewhat chaotic, but I rather quite like this!

Lon

Nicely done Ben. I like the in camera multiple exposure result especially the impressions of leaves. That darker spot on the left edge near the flowers catches my eye. There is a nice circular pattern where my eye travels from the bottom left corner, then up to the dark tree branch, to the right, and then to the upper center.

@Lon_Overacker , @Alfredo_Mora ,Lon, after seeing your efforts I felt obliged to also make a bit of abstract image. I must still learn to value this kind of photography . Yes, I gave it a try several times.
I tried to learn from " neltalen.nl" , not always with succes.
Alfredo, Thank you for appreciating my effort on this as Lon call’s it World of nature abstracts.

I did a rework for the tree that was indeed a bit dark, and for the dark spot the left,
I hope you both like it this way .

Ben

4 Likes

Ben,

Nailed it! Thank you for taking the time to consider and re-work the image. You have definitely elevated this to the next level. Congrats!

1 Like

Beautiful image, Ben! And as always, I love the haiku to go with it! I really like how your rework brightened everything up and the greens stand out more. Nice work!