Praying Mantis

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

D750, Nikon 60mm micro, f/20, 1/320 sec, ISO 200, off camera flash, hand held camera and flash DXO Photolab 2, PS RAW

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Michael, you captured a most unusual view of a mantis. I do not believe I have ever seen the underside of one before. That throat is amazing. You really got details where they need to be, in the eyes, face and body. The background is very complimentary. Well done.

thank you Shirley, she was a ham LOL

1 Like

That’s a really neat angle you chose, Michael. It shows off some of the more interesting parts very well.

thanks Dennis for the comment

I echo the comments of Shirley and Dennis. I add: looks like she is conducting an orchestra.

thanks Jim, you’r right, I didn’t notice that Lol, has the baton also :slightly_smiling_face: should change the title to “Amamantis Mozart”

Michael, good job getting an unusual view point. The sharpness in her body and head are great. The pose does look like an orchestra conductor (or maybe she’s about to pounce on the photog…).

thanks Mark for the comment