Pretty Bird

The lodge at the base of Mt Evens in Colorado has several humming bird feeders out. There is a large bush that the birds would land on as then came and went from the feeders. A portico on the front of the building was very dark and I could position myself so I could us it as a background. I spent about 45 minutes with the Broad-tailed Humming Birds and they were nice enough to give me several nice poses.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D, 300m, 1/1500, ISO 1600, I cropped out a couple leaves that were sticking in the side of the image.

1 Like

Hi Richard
You have a very good looking Hummingbird. The background really helps the Broad-tail Hummingbird to stand out. The color, framing , eye contact and detail are great.
Peter

Beautiful image, Richard, with a nice studio looking background! Kind of like the photo ark! I love the spread out tail feathers, really cute pose!

Lovely pose for this chubby-looking little guy!

There is a lot of chromatic aberration that should be correctable in raw conversion.

The pose of this hummingbird is truly awesome, as is the nice background. Looking at the larger version, I would suggest some noise reduction and getting rid of the artefacts, as pointed out by Diane. Makes for a wonderful image ! Cheers, Hans