Promise . . . Fulfilled

This is my favorite rose in our garden which has provided me many opportunities over the years. It is starting to bud again so I watched it over a couple of days, hoping it would bloom fully and to my delight it did. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/100 @ f5.6
and
ISO 400, 1/640 @ f11

Good morning Bill, I like the composition, detail, and color in your photos especially the top one with the water droplets captured. Thank you for sharing some color. I live about 50 miles southwest of Chicago and we are pretty gloomy with a winter storm coming. Thank you for sharing.

Gorgeous, Bill. I’m jealous, nothing here in the hill country is even thinking of blooming yet! Although some of my harder succulents are being to show new growth. Both images are so full of color and life, I do like the close up a bit more as it’s so inviting to view. Thanks for sharing them.

Bill, Beautiful roses. I like both. Nice composition, beautiful colors and details. Looks like you have got a very good dof for f5.6.

Hi Bill, you have some fine specimens to show us Northerners what its now like in southern parts of the country. Amazing how the reddish bud opens to a mostly yellow flower. Both are nicely set off from their backgrounds and I appreciate the stopped-down aperture in #2, allowing for the in focus buds. Water droplets on the first are a nice bonus that I think enhances all flower shots. Really enjoying the detail on the bud stems in #1, plus the curving lines they all follow. Would only like to see a tad more room for that bud that’s touching the top of the frame, but no biggy certainly.

Both images are so beautiful. I like the color of the first rose. It makes me feel comfortably warm, and 3 buds are rhythmic.

It is soooo nice to see a rose that is actually blooming this time of year. 14" of snow last night and no hope for spring blooms for another couple of months. Both pictures are lovely and the color of this rose is off the charts.

Both are wonderful, but the soft light on the second, with its subdued colors, is simply drop-dead gorgeous!

1 Like