Pronghorn Antelope Series with Jackalope

Twin Does

Jackalope

Buck

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This small herd of antelope were moving into a farmer’s field near Lakeview Oregon a few years back. I can see where the idea of a Jackalope comes from, with these animals.

Specific Feedback

Jackalope too much?

Technical Details

1. Canon 5DMiii, f8, 1/2500 sec, iso 400, -0.7 EV, 100-400/1.4 TC at 560 mm
  2. Same
  3. Same
  4. 490 mm

Thank you sooooo much for getting the right horns on your jackalope! I see far too many with antlers, not horns. :grin: These are nice and sharp, and clearly these animals weren’t bothered by your presence - we’ve seen herds that get hunted pretty regularly and they are long gone before I can get into camera range. Nice! My actual favorite image is the pair of does; the catchlight in their eyes, the veins in their legs and the sharpness of their hair are great.

Thank you so much @Denise_Dethlefsen for your thoughtful and kind remarks. It is great getting some remarks in this category. I’ve found that it’s possible to get in range in a moving vehicle, but they tend to split in a hurry if you stop too long. This group seemed pretty used to vehicles.