Prothonotary Warbler

This guy is checking out a nest box in my yard.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 60D, Canon 70-300mm IS USM Zoom.f/6.7, 1/1500 sec., ISO 2000, Hand Held. Processed in Canon DPP and PSE2020 for exposure, color, and shake reduction.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

That is a very pretty bird. I hope it stuck around. At 300mm you must have been fairly close as well.

1 Like

Thanks, David. I wasn’t too far away from him. Maybe 30 feet?

Interesting I didn’t know warblers ever used nest boxes, the exposure looks pretty good. I am seeing a fair bit of noise in the background. You probably could have dropped your iso a bit and gotten away with a lower shutter speed. You could run some noise reduction on the background. Thanks for sharing Terry.

1 Like

Thanks, Nate. Only two warblers I know of nest in cavities, the Prothonotary and the Lucy’s. You’re right about the noise; I’ll see what I can do with it. My pleasure!