Puffins

The first two shots are from day one and the next two are from day two. The four shot I added as a day ending photograph.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, day one 562mm, F8, 1/2000, -.7EV, ISO800, cropped 60% into 16 by 9, day two, 600mm, F9, 1/2500, ISO 1000, cropped 60% into 16 by 9, shot 2 Topaz Sharpen AI, Whites and contrast adjusted in DXO PhotoLab 4.

Love the Puffin subject, Peter. The 3rd image on quiet water is very nice as it provides a softer place to review those unique facial features . In the first two, the chop of the water kind of competes with the two Puffins. The fourth is a nice good-by shot.

While I like the first two, mainly because they show conditions in which Puffins live, the last two are my favorites. For me, they tell a story. The first (third one): “We don’t know what is out there; should we chance it?” And the second (Last one): Self explanatory.

Third image works the best for me. It is the sharpest and has the best exposure values. Puffins are without a doubt one of the more difficult species to photograph because of the dark and light plumage along with the colorful beak. Exposures in detail are handled the best in this third image plus it’s interactive nature is the most interesting to me.

I also like the third image best for the reasons David stated. It is the sharpest of the three and I like the relative calmness of the water.

Another vote for #3, but the fourth image is charming. I’ve never seen puffins before, but they are so photogenic. Congratulations for getting the opportunity to spend time with them and thanks for sharing.

Very nice series! I also love #3 the best, but would pass out at the chance to shoot anything of these characters.