Puzzle Blur

I thought this would make for a fun jigsaw. This challenge and all the images bring back great memories for me. I posted a comment in Ed’s latest post. When i was young my family would do jigsaw puzzles together. When finished we would “glue” them and then hang them. Doesn’t sound very classy, but we lined the stairwell that led to the basement with these puzzles. It was pretty cool… Anyway, do you ever save the puzzles this way?

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any/all

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any/all

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Just a simple vertical move of the camera, on a tripod during about a 1/2 - 1s exposure

Lon, another excellent post for this weeks WC theme. I like the image as it was photographed and processed. Makes a very fine wall art or a puzzle if so inclined. In the end it just seems to have a soothing or calming affect, different then many abstracts that can place us on edge just a bit…:+1:

I can truly say that as a kid I did not do many puzzles at all. They seemed to be too much of a tease for my ability. I think how my brain worked at all was puzzle enough…:clown_face:

1 Like

Lon, I really love the colors in this one, another great entry.
Our family did save a few puzzles as you described and we hung them in a game room in the basement. I have not worked on one for many years.

Lon, this is a fine, gentle collection of colors and lines. It’s very soothing. It would make a good puzzle. I’ll take the dark blues… Doing puzzles was (and still is) an occasional extended family event that is both fun and challenging. We never saved puzzles, but would leave the finished one on display for a week or two.

Lon: I used to enjoy puzzles and would indeed glue them. Now I take pictures and hang them on the wall :wink:. This is very cool, especially since the effect was produced completely in camera. Well conceived and superbly done. >=))>