Spring Explodes

This is from a post this Spring and I remember someone commenting it would make a difficult jigsaw puzzle.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Yes, Alan, it would be a challenging puzzle, although doable based on the subtle color differences and all of the trunks. This is a lovely look at spring colors with the side lighting really setting the new leaves aglow.

Alan,

Fabulous entry in to the WC. Challenging no doubt, but I think an image that might actually be meant to be a puzzle… in other words, a challenge no doubt, might be difficult, yet a puzzle where one could push through without going crazy.

That’s something I would have said - sure enough it was me!

@Lon_Overacker, thanks for assist with your comment. I thought it was you but was not 100% sure and did not go back and check. Now, how do I start cutting this print into puzzle pieces? :thinking::wink:

Really sweet Alan. Your processing has given the leaves a wonderful luminescent quality, that contrasts wonderfully with the cooler tree trunks. If you live in a place with a lot of forests (and no mountains), you might as well embrace it the forest. You succeeded admirably here.

Looks like autumn to me, which is a real compliment.

1 Like

Alan: I love the light in this and the density of the trees. I used to think shots like this were easy until I tried to work an aspen grove once and was completely frustrated. This is excellent. >=))>

1 Like

Thanks Bill, the light this evening was amazing and the telephoto compressed the scene pretty well! It was very striking in real life!