Quack!

This female Mallard posed on the end of the log within a dozen feet of the observation platform at our local pond for ten minutes or more when I was there on the 12th.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7Riv, FE200-600 @ 477 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/800, iso 2000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 6852x5539. Taken at 8:02 AM on March 12th.

3 Likes

Nice pose with one foot out of the water and with the mouth open. Again, I like the environment. The light on the water looks good. I get a sense of a spiral leading line formed by the lily pads from the top down to the log and duck-from that standpoint, maybe clone out the lily pad in the lower left corner.

Very cute pose! And I just love the water and lily pads! Very beautiful and perfect capture, great timing!

Hi Dennis, nice calling pose with the open beak and fine details on the bird. As Allen mentions, I like the composition with the lily pads framing the bird. Agree that removing the pad in lower left could be something to consider. Well done.

She is begging you for a portrait!! Lovely water and BG. I think I agree with removing the lily pad in the LL, although it didn’t occur to me until I read the comments. But I would crop / clean up the top of the frame to keep me eye on the model.