Queen Anne's Lace Illustration

Queen Anne’s Lace taken on a foggy morning using Sony A6000 in Illustration Mode. A6000, F7.1, 1/2500, ISO 800. Taken last year in Nova Scotia (when I could still visit) at the edge of the ocean.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Patricis, this has a fine drawn illustration look, with a good collection of shapes and a pleasing minimalist look. I am finding the distortion where the stems hit the frame distracting. Finding a way to clean that area up would be a good improvement.

Really like symmetry of right branches and the stems. Agree with Mark about distortion on the bottom in the middle in on the bottom left.

Patricia: Of course I like the illustration and the subject lends itself well to the effect. I would be tempted to bring up the BG brightness to make this a bit more high key but this works for me as is. Nicely done. >=))>

Looks like painting in illustration mode. I like the symmetry and the strong lines. Nice against the white sky. Agree with Mark and Bill on adjustments.

Patricia, each time I view this picture I see a very pleasing rendition in the form of Japanese fine art. Although I’m not practiced enough to comment on technical and artistic aspects. . . I really like this.
Wayne