Trillium

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any/all

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any/all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Taken with Sony A6000, F22, 1/125, ISO 400, -1 exposure at 210mm. In camera Illustration Mode.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Illustration mode is a feature that can achieve very nice results when used properly which you have done here. Very nice.

The illustration mode suits this image, Patricia. A very nice composition. From your comment to Jim, I take it this isn’t from this spring:grin:

Yes Dennis it was taken several years ago when I first got the Sony camera. Weather update from MA… 4 degrees overnight and a high of 23 today. Even colder tonight, but we expect a heat wave of mid-thirties tomorrow.

Makes me glad I ended up settling in the Northwest where 23 is considered a very low nighttime temperature.

Patricia: You know I’ll like this and its this kind of image that belongs here instead of the defunct Photo Art gallery. We don’t have trillium so I’ve never shot them. I envy you the opportunity and this particular image. :+1::+1:>=))>

Patricia
This is a very lovely image and your treatment suits it very well.

When I saw the reference to Illustrator , I started googling to try and figure out how you used Illustrator to come up with what we see here. Well, I came up empty handed in my search. Is it possible to explain in brief fashion how you did this?

Thanks
Kathy

Kathy, there is an artistic feature in the Sony camera that is called “illustration” mode. There are also other options within the camera but I rarely use them. It is not software that you can download on to your computer.

Patricia;
Thank you. That explains it! I was trying to figure it out in PS.

Best
Kathy

There is probably something in Topaz Studio that would do something similar to the camera mode. Patricia, while this is very well done and composed, did you take a picture with a more natural appearance? I would love to see it for comparison.

This picture was taken 3 years ago and unfortunately my filing system is burning the original images on to DVDs. It would take a major effort to find out if I took a “straight” image.