Queen Ann's Lace

The back view of this flower with intricate details is as interesting as the front.
A small yellow spot of a flower removes on right hand corner. a small crop on the top to remove extra space. a small stem on right hand corner removed.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII + 180/3.5 + tripod
f/8, 1/320, ISO 640

Canon DPP4 Raw converter, PSCC, Nik tonal contrast on the flower

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Well done! Such delicate details throughout. I have been unable to capture those details to my satisfaction, but you’ve done it here. I’m enjoying it thoroughly.

Ravi: What Pat said! Superb plane of focus management to get everything sharp and still have a terrific BG. Most excellent. >=))>

Gorgeous shot Ravi! The depth of field is perfect. Very sharp, with a nice background. There’s one brighter pinkish area in the background, on the right edge near the top, which might be a minor distraction - maybe try blending that in with the rest of the awesome background? Overall a beautiful image - I opened it up large on my screen and I couldn’t take my eyes off it - such great detail. Well done!

Thanks Pat, Bill and Mark for your comments. Mark, as you said it, the pink spot was a little bothersome once you mentioned it, so I did some blending. Here is the repost.

1 Like