Daisy in Yellow

What technical feedback would you like if any? I am interested in any comments. Thank you.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? I intentionally focused on just a few petals in front, with the rest of the flower blurred. To me, it emphasizes the brilliant color and perfection.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: This was taken inside with a tripod. Olympus E-M1MarkII, Olympus M.60mm F2.8 Macro lens, 1/10, ISO 100, f/3.2

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I like this a lot, Ann Louise. I think the depth of filed you chose works very well with nice fading to softer areas without going completely out of focus. I also like the bottom view of the flower and the interaction of the sepals and petals.

Ann Louise: Ditto what Dennis said. I like the POV especially and your DOF/POF choice. Nicely done. >=))>

Thank you for commenting! I try to get different angles of flowers and lighting. POF=?
Ann Louise

Thank you for your thoughts on my photo. I am loving the 60mm macro lens to get this effect.
Ann Louise

Point Of Focus. We get a little acronym crazy around here. :wink:

Ann Louise, I really like this a lot. I agree with Dennis and Bill about the DOF and POF. That nice smooth background makes the subject pop. Well done! :+1: :+1:

Thanks, Shirley for your comments. The background is a ceiling. We have a great place in our house with an overhead window so I can light a subject from the top and take the photo from below.

1 Like

Love this one with selective focus with shallow dof, which can be tricky to achieve. I have several of these with focus on the wrong parts.

Hi Ravi,
Thanks for your comments! I was just looking at your similar shot. I am just started to capture selective focus. As much as I like everything in focus, I am fascinated by the blurry petals in contrast with a few sharp petals.
Ann Louise

Very nice lighting, angles, and focus. Elegant image Ann Louise!

Thank you very much Jim!

Your choice of depth of field gives depth to the subject flower. Nice composition as well.

Thanks so much, Patricia!