Hot Pinks

I never tire of photographing these colorful Gerber Daisies all summer.

What technical feedback would you like if any? I am especially interested in thoughts about composition and background.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Overall impression.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Olympus OM-D Mark II camera, Olympus 60mm macro lens, ISO 64, f6.3, 1/40 sec. Tripod and diffuser

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Really beautiful, Ann Louise. Love the point of view you chose. Beautiful colors and wonderful details.

Thanks for your comments, Shirley. This was an exercise in taking shots of all views. My camera has a flip out screen which helps with a low shot like this.
Ann Louise

1 Like

Ann Louise, your from below perspective looks good here. I especially like how it emphasizes the texture and subtle color differences in the sepals. angling the two blooms across the frame works well. I could see this at a slightly different angle, reducing the background in the upper right corner just a bit.

Mark, thanks for your comments. I think you mean the upper left corner. I see what you mean. Very helpful!

Beautiful composition. Distancing between flowers is very pleasing. Very nice upper and lower curves formed by tops of flower petals. I think it is absolutely perfect.

Lana, thank you for sharing your impression! Out of all the shots I took, this was an obvious best.

Beautiful image! Love the perspective, colors and details on the sepals. great composition as well.

Ravi, thanks so much for letting me know what you think! I worked hard on the processing of this image, learning new Ps skills. All good.

Ann Louise: I’m late to this party but I love shooting gerberas from this kind of POV. I like your comp and DOF management especially. Very well done. >=))>

Bill, thanks for sharing your thoughts! It was a challenge to get the shot close to the ground. I couldn’t pass up shooting these two blossoms growing up together.

The sharpness, composition and colors are striking. I do wish for more room at the the top edge so the petals are not touching the frame. Otherwise an unusual and compelling point of view.

Thank you, Patricia. I agree the top edge was too close. Thanks for mentioning. I hope I can get another chance at this type of shot this summer.