Hot Pink

Studio shot, Sony a77II, tripod mounted, Tamron DT 16-300 @ 300mm, 1/13, f/6.3, ISO 100, WB set to daylight, 2 85W photo bulb lamps at 45 degree angles. I think it was a gerbera daisy. All comments are welcome and thanks for viewing.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Jim, this is a neat look at this flower covered in water drops. The yellow center and dots around it are highly attractive. The outward flow of the drop laden petals works very well. I find myself wishing for a bit more space to the right of the central parts, but think that adding such space would result in more oof petals and some none red areas at the top. This might be a situation where backing out a bit and then cropping to 4x5 (or 8.5 x 11) would work.

Jim, A fine look at this flower with those nice water drops. I think what Mark said was good advice for shooting again, with backing off a bit and allowing you room to crop in 4X5 format. A fine looking image as is though.

Thank you @Mark_Seaver and @Shirley_Freeman for those constructive comments. I must think about what sort of crop will work best for some shots.

1 Like

Jim: I have often shot Gerber centers with crops like this and with symmetrical square crops as well. They are great subjects. This looks a bit soft to me and I can’t tell if its the capture or processing. The drops are nice icing on a fine cake.>=))>

Thanks @Bill_Fach, they are fun to shoot and you are right…I couldn’t believe the aperture I used which gave me the limited dof.