Quiet time on the Naaselle River

After lots of wind and rain there was a short time when calm set in and a little diffused sun came through.

Specific Feedback Requested

Composition? Light? Anything else?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
7DMKII; ISO1250; 1/800th; 9.0; spot; -2/3 exp; 24-70 @40; WB auto

1 Like

Your image makes me want to pitch my backpacking tent right there Jim; it’s a lovely study in green. The foreground grass doesn’t compel me as much as the reflection and the light in the background; I could see a crop that took a tad off the bottom and right.

Jim,
The lighting in this scene is sublime and the lush greens are quite lovely. I could see this working as more of a pano with some of the FG grasses cropped off. I think that format would emphasize the BG river bank with that exquisite light even more. I hope you do not mind, but here is a repost with what I was thinking. As @John_Williams already mentioned this looks like a great place to pitch the tent.

1 Like

Thank you @John_Williams and @Ed_Lowe for your comments. I do like your version. I have some others that have no foreground grass; just water. A tad off bottom and right probably would help, too. The greenery across the water is Long Island. People access it by watercraft. There are nice hikes through majestic trees. Pretty impressive place.