Radiant

During Covid, I, as many of us, found myself photographing in the backyard more than before. While doing so, I discovered treasures I had previously not noticed. This is a close-up of a dill flower. The structure of these flowers is truly amazing, and offer endless photographic opportunities.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcomed.

Technical Details

f/4.0, ISO 125, 105mm (prime), 1/400sec, single image

2 Likes

Radiant it is! I love the radiating light in your photo with a shallow DOF. I also agree that if there was one good thing about this pandemic is that we discovered these hidden treasures right in our backyard. I gotta say the BNW edit also adds to the beauty of the composition. It makes the stems appear as acrylic sticks. Nicely done.

Thank you, EgĂ­dio. A couple of good things did come out of the pandemic :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you discovered the beauty that is close at hand. I can, and have, gotten lost in my own yard for hours with a macro lens - no pandemic required. You’ve done a terrific job honing down and including only what’s necessary here. The processing to B&W looks excellent with the lightest tones right at the center. Of course those lines are wonderful, too, and draw us in. Super job.

1 Like

Gorgeous soft lighting and focus. Nicely seen and captured.

There is always something so striking about a close-up flower in black and white. The lines bursting out of the frame from the near-center of the piece are wonderful and really help to draw the eye into the main portion of the flower. It has always fascinated me what people are able to create when they are unable to go do their “normal” thing. Well done!

1 Like

Thank you, Kris :slight_smile:

Thank you, Cody.; glad you like the image. This has been a good reminder to not photograph just one subject/field. I primarily photograph landscape, but as of late have really been drawn to flowers, succulents and plants in general.

1 Like

This is SO cool!! I can’t imagine how you captured these radiating straight lines – and that adds to the wonder!

Thank you, Diane. Best I can describe what you see is a flower within a flower. The radiating lines end in individual tiny flowers, that make up the dill flower. Not sure that made sense, but it is the best way I can describe it… :slight_smile: