Last Rays of Light

A field of flowers photographed at sunset.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
ISO 200
300mm
f/6.3
1/400
Brought up exposure

naturenessie

Very cheery and so needed this morning where it’s -28 at my house and -38 north at the airport 20 minutes away!

I like the messy little grouping and the subdued yellows. Yellow is an easy color to over-staturate. The angle of light brings up some nice shadows, too. A little crop from the left might make for a more interesting composition and make the flowers a little larger in the frame, but that’s just a thought.

1 Like

Vanessa: Really nice light on a delightful subject. My only minor suggestions are to crop a touch from the top to eliminate the dark area and to clone away the partial flower on the left edge. Very nice as is though. Well done. >=))>

1 Like

Vanessa, this is a pleasing image. I agree with Bill. I think his edit did help improve the image even more. Well done.

1 Like

Thanks Kristen! You wouldn’t believe all the different crops I have on this photo! But I ended up going back to the original size because I crop everything and figured does a flower field really need a crop?! But I guess so! This was taken back in July. Wow! It’s cold by you!

Hi Bill! Thanks for your time and feedback! Yeah, it does look better cropped a bit. This actually is close to one of the crops I have on it already, but I thought maybe I should just keep the whole picture, but I guess not! :slight_smile:

Thanks Shirley! I’m glad you like it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nicely seen and photographed. The blurred background and gentle lighting help the viewer enjoy the scene. Bill’s crop does put more emphasis on the daisies.

1 Like

Coneflowers are among my favorite native wildflowers. Nice job of capturing these.

1 Like

I like the soft lighting and subdued color. The space above the flowers works well. It adds to calm and relaxed feeling.

1 Like