Light Rays and Lupines

Here is an older image that I reworked recently and it fits the WC. This is another image from Sugar Hill, NH taken after the sun had just crested the peaks of the White Mountains and created these lovely crepuscular rays coming through the tree tops.

As always thanks for taking a moment and leaving a thought.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All C&C welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Nikon D200, Nikon 80-200 @ 200 mm, f 11 @ 1/200 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Ed, there’s a fine golden hour mood here with the limited color palette. Those are indeed great crepuscular rays coming through the ghostly trees.

Lovely, soft pensive photo Ed. For me, it was a calming affect. Nicely done.

I really like the beams and flowers, but I am seeing a yellow (almost green) color cast. The flower color is very muted as a result. I would be inclined to cool things quite a bit and see how it looks. Quite a nice capture of light and summer flowers.

I agree about the color cast. There should be a warm tone, but I think this is a bit too much…

Many thanks for the C&C @Mark_Seaver, @linda_mellor, @Harley_Goldman and @Katharina_Hilgers; always appreciated.

@Harley_Goldman and @Katharina_Hilgers: Funny that you mentioned a yellow/ green color cast as I already removed some green and yellow in the midtones. I will post another with the original post with some more removed to see what you think.

Better, but to my eye, it still has a significant cast.

WOWZA! What a wonderful capture. Yeah, the color might be a bit too warm or there is a color cast, however, I am always reluctant to comment on such. I hate to be a broken record, but, if that is what you wanted great! If the feedback is helping you to discover a color cast and you wish to make it something else, so be it. For me, I said WOW right away.

Ed. super gorgeous and honestly both color casts work for me. I can like one today and the other tomorrow. This is a big win in my book.