Rain Is Coming

This was early evening and not too long after making this, it rained hard. The desert sure does smell heavenly after a rain.

Nice depth in those clouds! I really like the rain that is seen falling above the hills, and the touch of warem light there.
Hardly ever been in deserts, and especially not when it rains there, so I don’t know how they smell after rain. But pretty much all places smell good after rain. :slight_smile:

The mood is superb and the cloud grabs my attention immediately, Harley. I have experienced desert storms a few times and there is nothing quite like it and this gives me that feeling by looking at it.

My only suggestion is to darken the ground, Harley. It seems like by doing so accentuates the storm even more.

This image is all about texture fir me. The texture in the clouds are great

Another impressive cloud laden sky, Harley. I like the fact that you can see the rain falling above the desert hills. This might also make for a wonderful B&W.

Harley you really hit the cloud jackpot on this trip. As others have noted, with that kind of texture in the clouds, this image just begs to be processed in B&W too.

Wow, great drama in this clouds, Harley. I agree with the B&W suggestions. I do wish there was a bit more terrain visible to give the image a more solid anchor. I wish I had been there to witness this with you!

Awesome and daunting sky Mr. H. I agree about giving b&w a try - and I did and couldn’t find anything that improved upon this version. But somehow it’s begging for a good monochrome rendition.

What strikes me with this version is the blue tine in the center of all the clouds. Not sure if you processed that way or it’s pretty much straight, but I like those blues. In fact I might even want to enhance the blues. But all personal choice for sure.

I’m good with the amount of landscape. The mountains simply anchor that big sky.

Lon