Rainbow Room

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

1/1000 f/8 ISO 400. I shot this with an a7r2 with a 28mm + fisheye converter. Effectively 16mm. It’s a heavy setup and I always get a great workout after lugging this around in the water. Wipeouts are most exciting :slight_smile: Processed with LR, Denoise, PS and TK7. The soft spots at the bottom are from drops of water on the port of the waterhousing.

2 Likes

Beautiful shot Andre! I love the gold drawing my eye from the top left through the tunnel! Great layers of colors and different textures.

Thanks for the comments Roberta.

Andre, this is superb. The contrasts of dark and bright, coloured and near-black, textured and smooth, are wonderful. But to me, it is the closeness of the tension created by the uplift off water at the bottom edge and the overhang at the top that really makes it. If anything I would be tempted to open up a tiny bit of detail in the balckness at lower left. Just a tad. Cheers.

That is so cool Andre. I really couldn’t pick out the ‘soft’ spots. The arc of the water with the color is just really awesome.

@Cameron_Wilcox @Cameron_Wilcox Thanks for the comments. The shadows are brighter on my monitor in LR. I think it’s a colour management issue.

1 Like