Rainy Day at Great Sand Dunes

Unfortunately I’ve been disabled for a few days because of a recent hack, so I’m having to post from an older laptop. Fortunately I saved a few recent working files. I’ve been to GSD several times, and this was in 2015 during some rainy weather. I’ve always loved how the dunes can present themselves in different light with sun and clouds, but this was the first where I got there after a recent storm where the dunes took on a different look. Slight crop to remove small bit of the sky.

7D MkII, 100-400 II @250, on tripod, ISO 100 F5.6 +2/3EV

Great lines weaving throughout the rolling dunes. The high key look makes for a nicely intriguing mood to the image. A nice and unusual take on dunes.

Bill: One of my favorite places on the planet. I like the subtle textures. My visits have always come on sunny days with good light at the magic hours but nothing like this during the day. Well seen and superbly composed and captured.>=))>

Bill, the gently warm colors and terrific swirling details look great here. Yes, it’s always fun to see how the weather affects familiar locations. Good luck with your computer.