Rallarvegen 1

I really struggled with this image once in post. And after a few pointers from colleagues I believe I am “done” (if there is such a thing). Happy for any feedback. I.e technical and artistic.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Looks good mate. I like this crop

Thank you and also for your help earlier.

Mattias,

Not sure what you struggled with in post, but honestly the end result we see here is all that matters to me! :wink:

I suppose color balance of the fog may have been a challenge, but I think you’ve done a great job with the processing, color balance, etc. The presented crop works well with a nice balance between fog/mist and the rugged mountainside and splashes of color. Can’t think of anything really to change or improve. Looks great to me!

Lon

Hi. Thank you so much. The biggest deal on the end was the cropping. Just couldn’t see it without guidance. Also I felt the scene deserved contrast so that was added. Anyhow, thanks again for your kind words and for reaching out.

I think you nailed it with the comp. The patches of color here and there separates this from what we usually see, It’s as though sunlight breaking through. There is a slight cast of magenta and pink in the clouds. You may or may not want to remove it. It’s unnatural but it does give a certain positive vibe that’s missing if you desaturate it. I tried. :wink:

nice and moody shot.
the only thing that comes to my mind: my eyes are drawn towards the highlights on left edge of the frame - you might try to reduce those just a bit to keep the eyes from wandering too much off center.

Dear Igor. Thank you so much for taking the time to review this and your kind words. I hadn’t noticed the cast. All the best /Mattias

Dear Joerg. Great tip! Thank you. I will look into that and fix it.