Reaching the Pinnacle

I found this peony garden while exploring around my area during spring. Zooming in with my telephoto lens, I wanted to concentrate on the soft patterns of the peony petals. The insect just landed on one of the petals and helped me tell a story about a macro-landscape image. This image also triggered an idea for a collection centered around these kind of images. In progress actually.

Specific Feedback Requested

I do not have any specific idea about the image, on how to improve it in anyway. I have finished editing to the best of my ability and I kinda like the effect. Would love to know if you find anything that can be improved or altered. Thank you.

Technical Details

ISO 100, 300mm, f/6.3, 1/400s

Beautiful colors and effective DoF. I do wish the insect was sharper, though.

1 Like

Hello Subhasish. Thanks for posting. My first thought looking at this peony is to produce a much tigher crop. The most interesting aspect for me is the insect and the area surrounding it. The exposure is much better balanced. The exposure variance especially in the upper sections and the shadow are a bit distracting and the colour is less saturated due to the light falling on it. The insect however is not quite sharp and that does make it difficult when cropping.

1 Like