Leading

This is a wilted flower on a large bush with fading pistils. On close up some pistils still appeared in shape and looked interesting.
Taking in the garden.
I thought of cloning out some of the ends but at the end I preferred to leave it as it was, with one standing out and the R far end “leading” a way out.

Specific Feedback Requested

Overall impression. This forum helps a lot!. Thank you!

Technical Details

Nikon Z7
105mm
f/6.3 (max aperture 2.8 on this lens)
1/1600 hand held
ISO 100

2 Likes

Marie, I like this image when looking at it in the thumbnail. When it is opened into the large view, I had to scroll around too much to find the in-focus portion. I do like the out of focus repetitions of the sharp pistil. The reds and yellows are a nice back drop for the dark subject.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I really like this Marie. The colours are very dramatic and create an intensity of feeling. Tight focus (although DOF is shallow with such images anyway) just adds to that feeling. Love it. Cheers.

I appreciate your feedback very much!

You’re welcome Marie. This image resonates with me as I take similar macro images and really like them. Compared with most landscape work (both large and intimate landscapes), they don’t have the same general appeal, but to macro photographers I’m sure they certainly do. Personally I really like narrow DOF work in all my photography, and that also doesn’t always have wide appeal amongst landscape images. It doesn’t make it less attractive though, just different. Seeing things from a macro viewpoint is not to everyones liking, but to me it is just wonderful…a complete world much of which is invisible in our daily lives.

I have been doing macrophotography for a long time now, and recently have also got into photomacrography with magnifications of up to about 12:1, and just love all of it. However, I never expect it to have more than a narrow appeal. That’s fine by me as I enjoy it for me.

Just my thoughts anyway. Cheers.

it is interesting what you say. I love macrophotography but I take the lack of appeal as lack of good technique and knowledge. So I hope one day I can be close to mastering it. I also like shallow DOF in general and I also get lost behind the macro lens. Yet, a lot of work to get the creativity well at the end.
I do much better in wildlife, landscaping and street photography. Macro, I love it, but it gives me the greatest challenge.