Reaching....

I was following this almost mature bald eagle with my camera from when he left his perch until he made this attempt to catch a trout; unfortunately he missed.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Bald eagles are not particularly common in our area, so when I heard that several were seen at a local lake I wanted to see if I could get lucky an catch one diving.

Technical Details

1/2500 sec, f/7.1, ISO 640. Processed in LightRoom Classic.

1 Like

The eagle might have missed, but you sure did not. This is excellent. Wonderful timing and anticipating the moment. Well done.

Ohhh…beautiful capture! Great details including the small splash of water. I also love the colours and softness of the background. Always a joy to see a photo like this.

Terrific action shot, Jorgen! The position of the bird, the outstretched talons, and the gorgeous light all contribute to an outstanding image. Missing the trout is no big deal. This is terrific as is.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you very much