Red-breasted Nuthatch on PVC

Taken from my blind this morning. I was astounded that this little Nuthatch was able to grip the PVC pipe (painted camo because I use it to support perches). In this case, I liked the fairly strong directional light , so I didn’t do anything to subdue it.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything.

Any pertinent technical details:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 421 mm, Gimbal head mounted to blind window, f/8, 1/1600, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 4518x3186 before resizing. There was a bit of white at the top of the pvc and I clones over it. I also painted over parts of the background to subdue some bright very out-of-focus grass stems. Taken at 8:30 this morning.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

A nice look at this beautiful bird again, Dennis. Sure wish they would visit my yard. I like the angle of light and the way he gave you a nice side look of his head. Nice job post processing.

1 Like

Dennis, I love the out of focus background. The detail and color in the bird is great. The little talons even show very well. You are fortunate to get the bird to sit still long enough for a photo. Thanks for sharing.