Red-breasted Nuthatch

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

I snagged this shot of a Red-breasted Nuthatch at my feeder BEFORE it was hanging (usually upside down) on the feeder ball. It usually is only on a nearby branch like this

for a hot second so I felt good about getting this shot. D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, 1.4 TC, 1/2500th, f 8.0, ISO 2000, 700mm, gimbal head/tripod, AI Clear Apologies! I accidentally loaded the same image twice and I just can’t figure out how to make the extra one go away.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Hi Dave: Nice image of the nuthatch. I like the perch, right side up bird!, and the nice background.

PS. I removed the second copy of the image on the post.

Thanks Kieth for helping to straighten out my clumsy post .

Great pose and detail. The color of the perch works well with the nuthatch. Background is quite nice as well.

A lovely perch and pose, Dave. It looks to me as if you could raise the exposure on the Nuthatch a trifle.