Red Breasted Nuthatch

A close crop but the perch is out of focus below the bottom of the frame and is distracting. Out of my open bedroom window

Description:

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

ISO 320, 400+1.4 X, F5, 250th, fill flash not at high speed sync, cropped to just under 50% of full frame, Sony A1
Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

David, a wonderful capture of the “always on alert” and attentive pose that I usually see in all the busy little Nuthatches. Nice beak and as always good feather details, the branch comp and moss works nicely. I have to travel to the Northwest to see this one.

Hi David
That is one productive window, the photo taken from a always pleasing to look at. As Stephen has stated the beak, feather detail and perch all look great.
Peter

Another beautiful window shot. No nits from me. I like the stub of a branch that mimics the bird’s pose or is the bird mimicking it?

A different crop with image rotation.

1 Like

I like the different crop a little better than first post. It’s the pose.

Hi David,

Both images are good, but I like the second one which seems to be a much more dynamic presentation than the first. Well done…Jim