Red-ear Tusker in rain

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A Red-ear Tusker, which kept bathing in the river Ramganga during rains for more than two hours.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon R 5; RF 100-500 mm; ISO 800; 1/160 sec. at f 7.1

1 Like

My immediate first thought when I glanced at the small image on the Latest page was, “How did you get a photo of a mastodon???” This is so interesting to look at and think about. My impression of a mastodon was because the rain makes him look rather hairy. He also looks old because of the deep hollows above his eyes. The rain-softened, empty spaces all around him make it seem so lonely and timeless. The fact that he’s in the middle of a step makes me wonder where he’s heading and what he’s looking at (or for). As I mentioned to another poster, I love it when an image gives me the first few sentences of a story. This one certainly did!

1 Like

Hi Jagdeep, really interesting coloration on this elephant. He does seem old. The rain adds another level of interest and I like the pose you captured. Well done.

1 Like

Jagdeep, The pose and the colors in Mr Elephant are great. I’m also impressed with how hard it is raining, especially since my first through (from the thumb) was about how grainy this looked… :laughing:

1 Like

Jagdeep, this is a nice image of this old bull elephant, great pose. The rain is wild! What kind of equipment do you use to keep your camera safe in that kind of rain?

1 Like

Thanks friends !
@Ed_Williams I was in a covered jeep with polythyn around my camera.

1 Like