Red-ear Tusker on a morning route

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Red-ear Tusker on a morning route, from riverbed to Sal forest.

Specific Feedback

Any…

Technical Details

Canon 40D; 70-200 ; ISO 400; 1/250 sec. at f 3.5

2 Likes

J…a very unique look here that seems it was enhanced by the backlighting…very nice indeed…:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I agree with @Paul_Breitkreuz about the unique backlighting that really enhances the red ear and all the veins. I’ve never seen a Red Ear Tusker before. In fact, I’ve never even heard of it making this all the more unique of an image for me. Those tusks look like they are wrapped around the trunk making it hard for him to lift his trunk. Excellent image Jagdeep.

2 Likes

@David_Haynes I missed the tusk point you mentioned here, David. It’s an excellent observation. You have to wonder if that is restrictive for making certain movements of feeding and watering.

2 Likes

Wonderful!! Fantastic light and a gorgeous setting. I love the subtle recursion of elephants!

2 Likes

Lovely shot Jagdeep, the lush greens, the trees framing the elephant and the light through the ears.
I do think that it would be better without the other elephants present… but I realise that it’s hard to move them out of the way.

1 Like

@David_Haynes
@Paul_Breitkreuz
That wrapped tusk’s no problem, elephant has around 40,000 muscles in the trunk alone.

1 Like

Like David, This is a first for me as well!
Also like David and others, the backlighting on those ears make this even more appealing.

1 Like