Red Fox

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is a shot from last year when a pair of foxes raised kits in our neighborhood. They spent a decent amount of time in the field behind our house.

Technical Details

Canon 90D, sigma 150-600 contemporary, tripod
ISO 640, f7.1, 1/640s

1 Like

Whoa…what a photo! I first looked into the fox’s eyes and then I think I gasped out loud when I saw the meal in it’s mouth! Stunning detail in the fox and the grass at its feet. I love the softness in the foreground as well. This is such a great photo I would try and darken the BG to really make the story of the fox pop out even more. (the vertical pole on the right side is also a distraction)

Again, I think this is a wonderful photo. Congratulations.

Yes – wonderful with great lighting and detail!! And yes, I also had a delightful surprise when I discovered the snack! I agree with @Robena.Sirett about the pole or trunk on the left (she said right but I think that’s the one she meant – we artists are all dyslexic). Would be pretty easy to clone over it.

1 Like

@Robena.Sirett @Diane_Miller
Thanks for the comments! I did a rework on the background. See below:

1 Like

The re-worked version is perfect. The happy fox clearly will have a delicious rodent for snack as an added bonus. Awesome…Jim

Well-executed photo of this beautiful fox. A bonus that he’s looking at you and, on top of that, has the catch-pf-the-day in his mouth. Beautiful

I love the reworked background! And @Diane_Miller was right…I did mean the pole was on the left LOL.

Excellent BG work!!

I just love the startled expressions and that bushy tail.
And the catch, which is not obvious at first is a suprise element here.
I somehow find the shining eyes, bit over done, may reduce the shine a touch.