Red Hot Poker - Tourch Lily

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5ds-r, Canon 180 macro lens, f 10, iso 800, 1/640 sec. Photo taken on very windy day.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

A really nice portrait, John. Sharp where it should be, a lovely backdrop, soft and colourful without being in the least distracting, the border adding to the overall effect. No nits at all !!

Beautiful image John. I love the placement of the lilies in the frame, and I think the vertical composition really highlights their shape. Despite it being a windy day, the front lily appears sharp to my eye. The red/green/blue color scheme is very pleasing to the eye too. And I agree with Ian, the border works well. Nice job.

Ian and Mark, Thanks so much for your kind comments. I’m learning so much from all comments on NPN. Wonderful experience for an old dog.
Wayne

Very nice, John. The depth of field works very well, softening the background flower just enough and putting the entire foreground flower in nice focus. My only nit is the white blob in the upper right which draws my attention away from the subjects a bit.

Sharp, good dof, striking colors and good composition. Very pleasing to view.

Thanks Dennis and Patricia. Appreciate your comments. These flowers, in my yard are beautiful this year.