Showoff

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Part of an arrangement I purchased recently from my local grocery store. It had two of these lilies, but the anther on the other one was brownish, so this was an easy choice to photograph. Cropped a bit to lose a leaf that crept in from the right edge. Sony a77II, Tamron 16-300mm @ 300mm, ISO 100, f/40, 4 sec, AWB on a tripod. All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing.

Excellent job on the focus and depth of field in this image, Jim. I love the colors as well. With the lines of the stamens in this image, I think more room on the top an left and less on the bottom would work better. I’m looking at this with my bird photographer hat where you want room for the bird to fly into. Here you have all that energy pushing up and left with nowhere to go. While that does create a certain tension, it doesn’t seem to go with the vibrant colors and the rest of the feel of the image.

Great points Dennis, thank you. Those anthers do look ready to take flight :wink:.

Jim: This is a little tight on the left side for me but still works as is. Looks like a fountain. Nicely done. >=))>

What a beautiful and unusual variety of lily. Good dof and sharpness throughout. Do you have other shots with less room on the right and more room on top? Just a little adjustment in the angle of the shot would improve the image greatly.