Stella D'Ora Day Lily + Repost

What technical feedback would you like if any?Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5d Mk.III, 180mm Macro Lens, Natural Light, f10, 1/125sec, iso 250, Topaz denoise and sharpen. Hand painted background using copper wire to hold flower.

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
4 Likes

Wow! Love this color palette. Pleasing composition, good detail and artistic throughout. Excellent image.

Very good, John. A lovely composition with really cool light. I also like the background a lot.Maybe a touch more room on the bottom, but that’s all I can think of.

Patricia and Dennis, t.hanks for your kind and informative comments

Repost, more room at the bottom.

Gorgeous and well done. The monotone color palette is wonderful. I so like the version with more room at the bottom.

Stunning photo. Love the warmth of the background which draws you eyes down to the details of the flowers. Great composition and treatment of the subject matter!

Beautiful colors. Flowers well captured with adequate dof to get all the flowers in focus. I like the background with the matching colors as opposed to a complementary color. I think the contrast on the flowers brings them out of background. Very well done.

John: Before seeing any comments I was going to give it an A rating with the only thing holding it back even the least little bit was the need for a tiny bit more room on the bottom. Now that you’ve addressed that it goes to a solid A++. Superbly crafted image. >=))>

Thanks to all for the kind and thoughtful comments.
Wayne

I love this–the simplicity, the colors, and the unique background. Very artistic and I like the slight tilt of the background to make it more dynamic.

I’ve come rather late to this, John - a very striking image ! The working of the background sets off the flowers extremely well, and they are beautifully composed and lit. The added area at the bottom helps too. Many congratulations on the Pick !!

Thanks to all again, appreciate your comments.