Red-Shouldered Hawk-Three Views

This is the third time I’ve seen a Red-shouldered Hawk and my best photo-op. This one has been hanging around a local park. Photos taken on two different days and three different spots. The flight shot isn’t the best quality, but it shows the red shoulders well. The rear view shows that the hawk is pretty well camouflaged–Lightroom ‘select subject’ couldn’t identify the bird.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 all at 600 mm. 1/1000@f8; ISO 500–1/1000@f8,+1/3 EV, ISO640–1/1000@f6.3, +1 1/3EV, ISO 500

2 Likes

You really caught some nice light on the first image. Detail, pose, and setting are all quite well done. The background works really well. Very nice to have this opportunity.

1 Like

Love the gold against blue in the first and the camo job in the second. Nice takeoff captured in the third and I think the branches actually contribute more than detract. Hope you can get more opportunities.

1 Like

The first one is my fav, Allen. Nicely done!

1 Like

All gorgeous shots, particularly #1. Perhaps tone down the highlights a bit in #2?

1 Like

Hi Allen
All three shot tell a story. The first presents the best overall image quality. Nice work.
Peter

1 Like