Reddish Egret Take Off

Seen recently at Ding Darling NWR, Sanibel Island, FL. I added canvas top and right.

Canon 7D2, Sigma 150-600mm C, monopod
ISO 640, f7.1, 1/3200s

Any comments appreciated.

Very nice take-off image, Allen. I really like the angle of the bird to the camera. I like the inclusion of the take-off splash, but it does make the composition more difficult. I think I’m leaning toward a bit more canvas on the right than you already added, but I haven’t played with it and I’m sure you did.

Very nice take-off/flight shot. Good color and details in the egret and I like the color of the water. My first thought in viewing the image is that the egret is pretty much coming at the viewer, so in that respect I’m okay with the amount of canvas you added.

Hi Allen
I had not though of add canvas to this photograph until is read Dennis’s comment. If you add any more canvas, I would give more head room to the top and right hand side. The shot does a nice job of bring out the coloring of this Reddish Egret. The water droplets are a plus.
Peter

Well done image here with nice diagonals. I also think you could have a little more room on the right to balance things out.

Love the action here. Always nice to get those curled primaries. Details look good, and I like the green water. My only nit is that the crop looks pretty square-ish, so adding a bit more on the right wouldn’t hurt.