Reddish Egret after fish

Seen at Ding Darling NWR along Wildlife Drive.

Canon 7D2, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x TC III, monopod
ISO 640, f7.1, 1/2500s

Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Great action, Allen. I love the Egret in the air with the spread wings. I also like the fish a lot. It’s interesting how much its head looks like the egret’s from that angle. In this case, I think the image would have been even more powerful if the egrets gaze were focused on the fish instead of the camera, but you can’t control that.

A really nice image.

Impressive action shot with wonderful light, color, and detail. Timing, timing,timing. And of course location X 3…

Wonderful action. Love the fish and splash especially the drops. Great timing.

Not sure it gets much better… You are really upping the game here for bird photography.
Keep them coming.

Absolutely perfect timing, Allen. As Dan said, it doesn’t get much better than this.

Allen: you’ve captured THE peak moment. It’s perfect in every way and it deserves a large place on your wall. Richard

Wonderful image Allen! I like the wingspread and fish/bird interaction! Looks sharp with good detail. Nice non-distracting background! From me…well done!

Hello, Allen, and first of all congrats with this winning image ! Somehow I have missed it at the time and am glad to see it now, on the rebound :wink: . Awesome moment captured ! Cheers, Hans

1 Like