Great Egret with fish

Image:

Description:

As I said in my last post, I have more shots of egrets fishing at the local park. They actually caught fish in these images after diving in on the wing to catch their prey.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon R7, Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary
ISO 400, f7.1, 1/3200s, hand held

2 Likes

Lovely, with fantastic reflections! On the second, I wonder about some ~ 50% opacity cloning to soften the detail right at the top edge.

1 Like

Good idea Diane…that is about where the rocky shore touched the water’s edge. I straightened there - your suggestion would help with the transition.

The first pose is really something-reminds me of a swan. Good reflection and the fish is a nice bonus to a great capture. In the second, I like the reflection of the water on the wing.

Excellent, Allen. Even though it violates the “space to move into” rule, I’d be tempted to crop from the left and maybe even a tad from the right to turn the first into a vertical composition.

Beautifully job capturing the grace of these birds. The top photo is my favorite. I love the lines of the feathers in the wings and the sinuous curve of the neck. Wonderful reflection, also. In the lower photo, the flipped up feathers on the wing tips and the reflection under the left wing are more appealing to me.