Redhead with Freckles

Updated. Thanks @Kris_Smith @David_Starr

Original

Taken in my backyard during lockdown. One of my early adventures with a rail and extension tubes. Lots of calisthenics and sweating involved.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments are welcome.

Technical Details

1.3 sec f/10 ISO 100 Focus stacked in Affinity Photo.

7 Likes

Terrific photo and I love your title for it, too. I imagine wind or water arranged these leaves so perfectly. Each one seems to have been fitted with precision, like tile or brick only much more fluid and sensual. The light brings out the texture and forms really nicely. And of course that redhead stands out among the sea of brunettes. If you placed it there or found it as is, the position is nice and that it hasn’t curled and become a brunette yet is visually arresting. Ola is another NPN photographer who is a whiz with leaves and hers are executed in a similar way - darkly processed and full of texture. If it were mine I wouldn’t do much except clone away the light bits on the far left and maybe a few of the blemishes on the darkest leaf toward the right. There are some white spots that look to be floating in midair and could easily go. I might also have a look at the bright stem on the left and see if you can lower the luminosity to match the other stems. Bravo on such a fantastic shot!

Very nice photograph. I love the contrast between the red leaf and the others. The texture in the leaves is outstanding. You took care to ensure that everything was in focus. I’m reasonably new to NPN but your photo is the type of photography I like to do. I think that if were mine, I would cloned out all of the small imperfections in the leaves around the red leaf. I believe that this would draw you attention to the freckled red head even more.

@Kris_Smith @David_Starr Thanks for the comments and suggestions. The older leaves were as I found them. I positioned the orange leaf that was nearby on top of them. Thanks for suggesting Ola’s leaf shots. There are some real beauties in her portfolio.

I really like abstracts like this, and this one is done very nicely. The off-center comp is ideal and the light keeps me in the frame. Good crop too. Everything in the frame seems like it belongs there.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Tony.

oooooh

the second image

picture Homer Simpson just kind of staring and drooling

1 Like

Exquisite lines, repeating patterns and colors. Beautifully seen. Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations on the EP. Love everything about this, from the arrangement of lines and tones, to the texture and small details.

1 Like

I remember enjoying this when I initially saw it. Congratulations on the year end editors pick Andre!

Thanks for the comments @Cameron_Wilcox @Max_Waugh @J_Fritz_Rumpf @Kris_Smith

2 Likes